The Jamaica Institute of Financial Services (JIFS) is the training arm of the Jamaica Bankers Association and operates as its Education Sub-Committee.
The JIFS Council is made up of heads of human resources and other leaders from the financial services sector who is responsible for the overall governance and functioning of the Institute as set out in its articles of association. As authorized in section 72 of the articles of association of JIFS, “The Council may delegate any of their powers to committees consisting of such member or members of their body as they think fit, any committee formed shall in the exercise of the powers so delegated, conform to any regulation that may be imposed on it by the Council.” As such, the Council has appointed the JBA Education Sub-Committee as the Executive Committee of JIFS.
JIFS EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
The JIFS Executive Committee has management oversight of JIFS. This Committee is made up of senior human resource professionals from the following companies in the financial services sector.
- Bank of Nova Scotia
- Bank of Jamaica
- CIBCFirstCaribbean International Bank
- Citibank, NA
- Financial Services Commission
- First Global Bank
- Guardian Life Ltd.
- Jamaica Cooperative Credit Union League Ltd.
- Jamaica Deposit Insurance Corp.
- Jamaica Money Market Brokers
- Jamaica National Building Society
- National Commercial Bank
- Sagicor Group
- Victoria Mutual
It is headed by a Chairman and reports to the JIFS Council.
The Executive Committee meets on a monthly basis and is supported by sub-committees:
- A Research Committee which oversees the delivery of industry research, surveys, trending reports etc. to member organization and promotes industry standards in Jamaica.
- A Public Relations/Marketing Committee which oversees the Finance Club and the general marketing of JIFS activities
- An Education Committee which oversees the delivery of niche training through partnerships.